If you read my blog post from yesterday then you will sort of understand why i’m writing this one. If not then you should definitely go read it as it’s related to this.
So i’m going to give you guys some tips on moving to new places and how to survive.
Let’s jump right in!
- Someone else is going through the same thing ~ You have to realize that there will be at least one other person going through the same thing as you. When i moved to my new school i was told that there was 25 other kids who were also coming from schools with no one else. I didn’t believe it then but later I found that many of my friends had also come alone.
- Don’t be afraid to talk ~ Don’t be scared to introduce yourself to people. I was always afraid that they would think I was weird but in reality they’re probably quite happy to meet someone new. I found that introducing myself to a random girl earned me one of my best friends (let’s call her Kay).
- Be yourself ~ Don’t change your personality for people, be yourself and the right people will love you for who you are.
- Take your time ~ Don’t feel rushed to find the perfect friends. It took me almost 8 months to find mine. So don’t feel pressured to find them. Just say to anyone who asks “I know a girl who spent a whole year friendless and she’s doing just fine!”
- Open up ~ Tell people about yourself, make some small talk. Tell people about hobbies, talents, anything about yourself that could start up a conversation. That’s how most friendships start.
And those are my 5 tips to surviving! I hope they helped some of you!
I’m going to admit that i was too shy to actually do most of these things but I realize now that if I had done them earlier then I could have found my current friends sooner.
See you guys soon!
Love Jags xoxo